Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blog Post #3

 Source Google Images



Karl Fisch: Is it okay for teachers to be technologically illiterate?
Well, I think that all teachers should have some type of knowledge about technology, but they don’t have to be computer genius. Knowing about technology does not make you a great teacher; However, I think being able to teach each individual using a method that they are comfortable using is what makes a great teacher.
The teachers I’m talking about are the “old school” teachers. Teachers that are not just teachers, but someone who care just as much as you about your education, and make sure that you succeed. Teachers that help you find better ways of doing things to make it more understanding for you. Can you get that from technology? NO!!!! Like I stated before it’s good to have that knowledge, but that’s not what makes a teacher.

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today
This video really sums up my college experience. I think this idea was a great way of showing what we as college students go through. I can truly relate to the students in this vide, and all the signs that the students were holding up are so true. As a college student I can honestly say that I too have spent hundreds of dollars on book that I never even opened. What a waste of money that we already don’t have and to make it even worst, you don’t get half of the money back when you resale it to the bookstore.
It was one other sign that really shocked me. I think it’s crazy that some of the students attend classes with two hundred students, and that the teacher don’t know them by name. WOW!!! I guess it’s shocking to me because I came from Faulkner State Community and I never encountered that before. The lagers class I could think of attending was a class of maybe thirty and that was a science class.

Kelly Hines: It’s Not All about the Technology
I really agree with Kelly Hines view about technology. I must also agree that it is incredible and can make learning a lot exciting for students; however, there has to be teachers that can demonstrate and know how to correctly use the technology. One of the ways that it could make it exciting is power points. Power points are better than just listening to someone standing in front of a classroom going on and on about something that you could care less about, but with power points you’re able to add pictures and even sound effects to make it more interesting for your students.
No, it’s not all about technology but it’s good to have some type of knowledge about it. We as teacher must be all around skilled because it’s our job to know. Students are depending upon us to help them get the education that they need and it’s our job to do so. At the same time we have to remember that all children learn different and we have to do whatever it take to make learning interesting so that we can keep their attention and make learning exciting, even if that mean using so type of technology.

Gary Hayes: Social Media Count
These rates are shocking! It is one thing to know that millions of people have a face book and twitter account or text messages, but it’s another thing that the numbers are still rising. The statistics really make you think about how technology is going to be years from now. Technology is getting even more advance as time go on and is a big of everyone’s lives.

2 comments:

  1. The purple color of the text and/or the font and its size makes it almost impossible for me to read your post. Please change the color of the fond. We'll see if that works.

    And I am a purple person. Oh my.

    Several typos throughout. Recheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on Karl Fisch's article on technology illiteracy. Many of the best teachers I had throughout my school years could barely use a computer, and most of the teachers that could used it as a way to cover up their teaching inadequacies. I really enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete