Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blog Post #7


Randy Pausch is such an inspiration to anyone who watches this video. In this video, he talks about his dreams, him helping others achieving their dreams, and the lessons he’s learned along the way. Randy did so much in his life that others could only dream of doing because he was driven by his own motivation, something we all should have.
During his video he stated a lot of different quotes that really makes you think. One of them is” When you’re screwing up and no one is saying anything anymore that means they have given up on you.” This is very true! When someone stops saying something it’s time to worry because truly they have given up on you. Instead of getting angry at people when that are getting on to you about something, you need to accept their criticism and grow from it because in the long run it will make you a much better person.
“ Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things.” I really agree with Randy!!! If we want something bad enough no matter what kind of obstacles get in our way, if you really want something you will do whatever it takes to get it, nothing will stand in the way of you getting it. This motivation is very good to have to insure that you have a happy successful stress free life. As teachers we should teach our students how to motivate themselves to never give up and it they really want something that they should never give up.

I really enjoyed watching this video because it was very inspiriting to me. After watching this video I can honestly say that I have learned a lot from it. I plan to shear everything that I have learned with my students one day.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the video was very inspirational! I, myself, can NOT wait to have an impact on my student's lives by encouraging them to always do his/her best and NEVER give up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A powerful lecture. I am moved every year when i watch it again. And he has some very important lessons about teaching and learning which you have identified.

    ReplyDelete