Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Post #11

 Source Google Images

Ms. Cassidy First Grade Class

I really enjoyed watching this video! I love how all the children were interested in the technology and were also very skilled on how to operate it as well. When I become a teacher I’m going to teach my students all about blogs, Wikis, videos, Skype and anything else that’s helpful to my students. I also like how Mrs. Cassidy helps keep the students safe from the bad stuff. She tells them some of the things that you shouldn’t do to keep yourself safe while surfing the web such as: not posting any pictures of yourself and not to post any personal information. These are some very important tips that I plan on sharing with my students. I must say that I too agree with Mrs. Cassidy about teachers should be technologically literate. The reason I have to agree with her is simply because how can you teach others how to operate technology if you are not too sure on how to use it correctly? I must admit that I’m not the best when it comes to technology but I’m willing to learn more so that I can teach it to my fellow students in the future.

Skpe Interview

This interview is between Dr. Strange and Ms. Cassidy. In this interview they talk about the different types of technology that she uses in her classroom. She also talks about how she gets support from her parents and other teachers. Ms. Cassidy is very into technology in her classroom. In her class her students are using blogs, and they have blogging buddies. This interview really gets you excited about using technology in a classroom. I love hearing about students been excited about learning something new.

2 comments:

  1. Latisha,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I agree with you on your point about being technologically literate. You are right! How can we expect to teach and guide our students in this technological world if we aren't familiar with the technology ourselves?

    Mrs. Cassidy offered some great suggestions on using technology. She might be someone to add to your PLN. Also, just a reminder, don't forget to add the links in your post, so that other people can view Mrs. Cassidy's first grade class and her Skype interview.

    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latisha,

    Glad to see that you are really embracing all that this class has to offer! Do you think that all communities would be as accepting of technology's presence in the classroom as they were with Mrs. Cassidy's class? What could you do to ease the parents' minds?

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete